Strawberry Poppyseed Cake
- 1 box white cake mix
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces cool whip topping
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 box strawberry danish dessert (found near the jello and pudding items)
- 1¾ cups cold water
- 2 pounds strawberries, hulled and sliced
- Follow instructions on the cake mix box to prepare the cake in a 9×13 inch pan. Discard ½ cup of the prepared batter (you could use this to make 3-4 small cupcakes) and stir poppy seeds into the remaining batter. Bake according to box directions (take it out a few minutes early because there is slightly less batter). Allow cake to cool.
- Whisk together cold water and strawberry danish mix. In a medium sauce pan bring mixture to a boil. Boil, whisking constantly, for one minute. Remove from heat and stir strawberries into the mixture. Allow to cool.
- While danish mixture and cake are cooling, prepare the whipped cream layer. In a larger bowl mix cream cheese, whipped topping, and powdered sugar together until smooth and fluffy.
- Spread whipped topping over cake. Spread strawberry mixture over whipped cream layer. Chill at least 1-2 hours before serving.